Habits of Change
Inspiration from Aristole to Zen on the art of mastering habits.
“Changing habits is one of the most fundamental skills you can learn, because it allows you to reshape your life, to reshape who you are. That’s truly transformational.”
— Leo Babauta, Zen Habits
9 Habits Of The Super Successful
1. Get up insanely early.
2. Keep promises, no matter how small.
3. Learn how to tell stories.
4. Lead, don't dictate.
5. Don't be afraid of, or embarrassed by, your failures.
6. Ask questions, alot of them.
7. Be honest with yourself and others.
8. Take breaks.
9. Take notes and stay organized.
Habit Creation Is A Repeatable Process
“I was reminded there is a process to habit creation: believe it is possible, make small changes first, understand your motivation, overcome setbacks. There is a process — and it is repeatable. As long as we have breath we have opportunity to bring about change.”
— Joshua Becker, becomingminimalist.com
Excellence Is A Habit
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
Change Your Routine
Turning off the autopilot of even one daily routine can help you become more mindful overall. Take a small pause from routines here and there to allow new soul growth to emerge so when life gives you a big reason to pause, it won’t be a shock to your system.
1. Take a new route to work or school.
2. Trade cars with your partner for a day.
3. Take a shower with your eyes closed.
4. Sit in a different seat for meals at home or work.
5. Sleep on the other side of the bed.
6. Eat something you’ve never had before.
7. Eat breakfast for dinner; eat dessert first.
8. Listen to new music.
9. Leave the TV off.
Your Habits Become Your Destiny
“Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.”
— Mohandas K. Gandhi