Common Sense Holistic Pandemic Recommendations
In the United States and around the world, we are in perhaps the darkest days of this pandemic — stuck between a tidal wave of cases and not quite yet at a place of safe harbor with a vaccine. I am worried how things will play out these next six weeks when we go from Thanksgiving to Christmas to New Years like a 1-2-3 punch, each subsequent holiday magnifying growth on the head of the last holiday surge.
For reasons that are hard for me to fathom, tens of millions of Americans have simply decided that doctors don’t know what they are talking about when it comes to germ theory. They have decided that people who wear masks are making a political statement rather than what it truly is: following scientifically validated medical advice. By not wearing a mask, they are seeding their communities with virus again and again and again. It would be sad if the consequences weren’t so dire. Instead, it is literally tragic.
I am worried about the sheer number of people who are infected, seeding and reseeding others with virus. Repeated exposure over a short period of time is much more problematic than individual exposures spread out over time in terms of a body’s ability to keep up. Now is the time you must do your part to keep your exposures as low as possible.
I recommend the following:
- Do not eat inside restaurants and definitely do not go to bars. I suspect alcohol plays a role in breaking down mucus membranes, thereby increasing transmission.
- Wear a mask outside the house and also inside the house if you are spending time with people who do not live with you.
- That said, try to minimize other people coming into your house who do not live with you (and minimize your time in theirs) whether or not they also wear a mask (but they should definitely wear a mask).
- Inside or outside the house, limit the time you spend with people who do not live with you to less than 15 minutes. The longer you spend with people the more this exposure can overcome the benefit of a mask.
- Maintain maximal distance from people you don’t live with. 6 feet is an arbitrary distance. Further is always better. But the virus can spread indoors over surprising distances especially with people who are not wearing a mask.
- Conduct as much business as possible long distance rather than in person.
- Avoid working together with others if possible.
- Try to work from home.
- If you order food, receive it curbside if possible.
- Don’t work out at gyms until this wave passes.
- Kids can go to school if the school system is following protocols that you feel protect your kids’ exposure. Schools are not proving to be locations of transmission due to mask wearing and cleanliness practices.
- Don’t celebrate the holidays in large family gatherings.
- Don’t travel if you can avoid it and try not to fly on airplanes.
- If you can get groceries without going into the store, this is a good idea.
- Avoid people you know who are not practicing safe Covid procedures.
In terms of supplements, the following are showing benefits for people:
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin C
- Eat your vegetables and get good quality sleep.
Nothing is more protective than masks + distance + not spending time indoors with others who don’t live with you.
Vaccines will start to be distributed soon. However, distribution and vaccine generation will bottleneck the process. Most people won’t have an opportunity to get doses for many months out. Kids might not receive doses until the beginning of the 2021-2022 school year. We will be wearing masks a long, long time — but the danger will diminish as hand-in-hand the caseload reduces. Having not heard anything troubling about them, I recommend getting the vaccines that are proving 95% or higher benefit, and I am encouraged by what I am hearing right now.
We need to be more vigilant now than at any previous point since this started.
Chinese herbalist and acupuncturist Ethan Borg, Lic.Ac., is the creator of a new energy methodology called Eminus Mirus (commonly known as EM), built on the pillars of classical Chinese energy medicine, feng shui, and modern ideas of anatomy and physiology. Since April 2020, he has been sending energy treatments to protect and care for thousands of individuals faced with COVID-19. He offers these daily free energy blast treatments to protect people against pathogens associated in Chinese medicine with the novel coronavirus.