Letter to President Obama
From: Mary Terhune, RN
To: President Barack Obama
Date: April 6, 2009
Dear Mr. President,
You have said that our health-care costs and the financial health of our economy are inextricably linked. Can you imagine, Mr. President, that a monument dedicated to one of the foremost solutions to sustainable, effective, preventive and affordable health care using quantum medicine and the nanopharmacology of high-dilution remedies to prevent and cure 96% of diseases is located half a mile from the White House? The bronze statue of Samuel Hahnemann, MD (1755-1843), founder of western homeopathic medicine stands at the intersection of 16th Street and Massachusetts Avenue, visible from the White House. The statue was erected and dedicated with the help of President McKinley, a supporter of homeopathy and key members of both political parties on June 21, 1900. It is the only monument in the U.S. capital city to a physician. It acclaims Hahnemann as "Leader of the Great Medical Reformation of the Nineteenth Century," and I would add "of the 21st Century."
Western Homeopathic Medicine: A Sustainable, Effective, Affordable Solution, "The Green Medicine of the 21st Century"
- Homeopathy has a 150-year proven world-wide track record in prevention of disease in epidemics, curing acute and chronic conditions and hereditary predispositions (miasmatic influences), with over 3000 FDA approved, over-the-counter, inexpensive, natural remedies that never expire, have no side effects, cost pennies per cure, and are safe for babies, adults and the elderly.
- Homeopathy is a true, sustainable system of medicine, curing and preventing diseases without polluting our bodies or our water supply and oceans.
- Homeopathy was taught in our medical schools, practiced by 1 out of 4 physicians in the U.S. in over 250 hospitals and clinics in over 25 states at a fraction of the cost of allopathic drugs, before it was systematically removed from our health-care system by competing market forces and deemed ineffective and non-scientific even to this day!
- Restoring western homeopathic medicine to our medical care system will drive down medical costs almost overnight, not only because they cost pennies, but because they actually cure and prevent diseases which are thought to be incurable in the allopathic model such as asthma, eczema, Lyme disease, diabetes, multiple sclerosis and herpes to name a few.
- In homeopathy, symptoms are not seen as diseases to be branded and drugged (suppressed/controlled), but rather as an attempt of the body to cure and an evidential roadmap pointing to the correct homeopathic remedy needed to restore the system on every level (mental/emotional/physical), efficiently restoring health and preventing chronic disease.
- Homeopathy acts according to the vitalistic theory of disease vs. the germ theory of disease through the law of "like cures like." Hahnemann and Pasteur realized that germs did not cause disease, but rather a weak and disturbed vital force (which drives the cells) was the cause, allowing germs to take hold. Once the vital force is restored through homeopathic medicine, the germs cannot maintain a foothold and health is restored quickly and inexpensively.
I have been a registered nurse for thirty years and a classical homeopath for the last ten years. In western homeopathic medicine we have a proven system of medicine which can easily be taught to health-care professionals and to the public. In other parts of the world, it is common for families to have a homeopathic kit in their homes to deal with acute symptoms of the flu, teething, colds, bee stings, allergies and ear infections, for example, without overloading doctors’ offices and emergency rooms unnecessarily. The time to act in restoring this affordable, effective and gentle system is now.
The Next Big Frontier of Medicine
Dr. Mehmet C. Oz, a vice-chair of surgery and professor of cardiac surgery at Columbia University recently state on "Oprah", December 3, 2007, that "The next big frontier of medicine is energy." He also said that, "The cells in our body have an energy to them." Hahnemann called that the vital force which is responsible for the primary and secondary reaction to the correct homeopathic remedy restoring balance in our cells and systems. Dr. Oz also said that, "I am very approving of alternative medicine and that it is really a part of something called "global medicine" and instead of using the terms alternative or western we will use the term global medicine."
With this next big frontier of medicine we are moving away from a germ theory of disease based on the molecular, mechanistic model to a vibrational theory of disease based on an energetic level, a quantum biology level. This is western homeopathic medicine, the "green medicine of the 21st century," providing safe, approved, high-dilution remedies (nanopharmacology) that are curative and preventive with no side effects.
Mr. President, we must be bold in our approach to health care. Allopathic medicine and homeopathic medicine each has a role to play under the umbrella of western medicine, or as Dr. Oz might call it, global medicine. The science and empirical evidence is there for homeopathic medicine. We cannot allow special interests to silence this great curative medicine and keep it from the people.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it." I know that western homeopathic medicine is the right medicine for our times and that Dr. Hahnemann did not live in vain when he developed this brilliant scientific medicine system in service to mankind over 150 years ago. It is my sincere prayer that we restore this grand medicine to our health-care system. It will serve our nation and our children well.
Mary Terhune, RN
cc: Senator John Kerry, Senator Edward Kennedy
*(excerpts from the full letter)
Mary Terhune, RN, has been a health care practitioner for forty years, and a classical homeopath for the past decade. She can be reached at 978-505-9544 or visit www.ournaturaldestiny.com.